Sunday, May 26, 2013

On Hormones

It sucks to be a girl sometimes. I suppose I should say woman now, given that I am now without a doubt old enough to be called that. But whatevs.
I believe women are definitely the more superior of genders. I am not just a feminist, I am a female supremacist. Just hear Malala Yousufzadi speak, now find me a 16 year old boy who can speak like that. Case.In.Point.
But the challenge with being a woman is hormones! Your moods, confidence and happiness is tied directly with your hormones. My friend owns a book that describes how every day of your cycle determines how you feel, whether it's confidence, shyness, vulnerability or hunger. When I saw the cover, my instant reaction was like - BS! But it's freaky when you look into it on each specific day and find how it rings true.
Now in general I believe you can change that, and usually I can. If my day isn't going as I want it to go, I pause, take some time, draw out how I want the rest of my day to go and make it happen, regardless of what mother nature has in store.
But the hardest days are those of self doubt. When you just feel like you're constantly making an ass of yourself, that you're not being good enough, intelligent enough, hard working enough, or funny and charming enough and you just feel like an idiot all the time.
It may not necessarily be the hormones but it's how I feel today.

No comments: